About Projects Contact Support
- Computer games
A number of small computer games are available for free download on my itch.io page. All games are pay-what-you-want, and ones marked with a * have a developer commentary video available for anyone who pays $2 or more.
"Duke of the Bump" is unfortunately the pseudonym I use for "Let's Plays" and live video game streams. duke.zone is the landing page for everything related to my videos.
A tiny Windows program for pleasant and enhanced reading and browsing of comics and other images. Easily display comic alt text or other captions alongside the images. View the project page here.
I've made two mods for the original 1993 Doom:
- Golf Defense Force* - Single-screen arcade golf-em-up for Windows PCs. 5-10 minutes.
- Number Guessing Game* - Re-creation of the very first game most people learn how to make in BASIC in QB64, a modern implementation of Quickbasic. Video includes BASIC programming footage. Windows PCs, <1 minute
A 20x20 level for VVVVVV I work on sporadically. Approx. 40% complete. You can download a demo (1.3 MB) which shows roughly the first quarter of the game, subject to change. Download the free make and play edition if you don't own the game.
- Skull Timbrels is a soundtrack replacement mod featuring the music of Bull of Heaven, an eclectic mix that leans more dark and ambient than the original Doom soundtrack
- Hoofin' It is a new challenging game mode in which every enemy has been replaced with a cyberdemon, but you have a 1-hit-kill shotgun and a device that can turn cells into invincibility orbs. Weird and kinda broken, but fun!
Things I made that are too small to warrant their own section, but useful enough that I want to include here (mostly so I don't lose them.)
- Random Colors will show you one of about 700 named colors, displayed in that color, with the hex code. For those times you need a color quickly, but also need to know that it's called "brilliant violet" or "pale, light grayish sapphire blue".
- gamenames will give you the title for your next video game for true doom murder-heads, such as "Desolation Chieftans" or "Brutality Assailants".
- Demon Name Generator will give you a name for a demon. For entertainment use only. I accept no responsibility for what might happen should you invoke any of them.
- The Ohnotarizer is a small Windows program to help you make a webcomic name fan comic. 7.4 MB zip file.
- 1bitsfc.zip (7 kB) is a skin for the very useful padpyght input display tool, designed as a minimalist 1ish-bit visualization of the Super Famicom/SNES controller. Place the 1bitsfc folder in the padpyght/skins folder. For best results, keep a 2:1 aspect ratio and use area filtering in OBS. It has a black background, which can be color-keyed out for a clean, transparent overlay. You can see a high-quality preview (62 kB Mp4) or an in-game preview (3.41 MB Mp4)
Mobile | Desktop | CGA mode